Sunday, April 27, 2008

Because my doctor AND my Pop said so...




It is official. I am signing off from work on May 9th! God, does it feel good!
I am tired. I am tired of the whining from 10, 11 and 12 year olds. I am tired of the continuous "who swallowed a basketball/penguin waddler" jokes from my truly beloved colleagues and I am tired of walking up and down a half mile hall every time I have to go to the bathroom--which is ALL the time!
My line, up until now has been, "all I've got is my hair and my cute shoes"--(I stole this from Kate). Ladies and Gents...I can't tell you the last time I actually did my hair or wore a pair of cute shoes. Is this a hint for what may lie ahead?
I was talking with my Pop about a week ago. Rick doesn't tell me my business (o.k. maybe a little sometimes--he is a registered Republican, after all) or ask me for much, but he mentioned that he thought it would be a good idea if I took off from work a tad early. I had to listen. Pop is not a man that suffers from "diarrhea of the mouth" (I must have inherited that from somewhere else...or created that "trait" all on my own.) We visited with LeVanda on Friday. She agreed with what Pop said and actually wrote out a script that states that I will be disabled, come May 9th (38 weeks). Now if I could just get her to write me a prescription for a Spa Week in Arizona...or Hawaii...or Paris...or...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Aaaaarrrraaaaahhhhbbbbbeeee
Yoohoo! A week to go until you can put your feet up. Maybe it will coincide with some balmy Portland weather!

I love your blog and fun comments. And, great photos from the shower. I'm so pleased to have "made the grade." It was such a nice day! XO A.

The Lindsey Ladies said...

So glad that you are going to get some rest, only a few more days to go! Excited to see you this weekend, this weekend may be the last time I see you before you are a mom...crazy!

Jack/Gooz said...

Robin,

I'm totally stalking your blog uninvited! I found the link off of the Moehl's blog and had to see what you and the Juice were up to. Congratulations on your pregnancy! May is a wonderful month for a birthday, if I do say so myself. Turn 30 on the 12th - oh boy! Please tell Justin I say hello and hopefully we can catch up sometime when we're up in Portland. Should be moving back there someday eventually! We should start a UPS playgroup with Kate! Ok - enough blabbing. Azla