Monday, May 19, 2008

Is it too early for a pity party?



Ladies and gentlemen...I would like to introduce you to the bus driver from "South Park". This is what I look like right now. The only difference is that my hair is sans bird...

My due date is Friday. My family comes into town Wednesday and Thursday...and I'm feeling some pressure (totally created in my own little head) to deliver a baby while they're all here. Of course, they all know that he could come late and are very supportive just to hang out with me and my pregnant ass. But, wouldn't it be grand to have a new baby to coo at and faun over?

I know how ridiculous I sound. Even while typing these words I'm pondering over making the Castor Oil shake recipe...I just saw a woman on "The Baby Story" make it and she went into labor. But, she was an Earth Mama with a midwife and let's face it, as liberal and rule-breaking as I think I am, I'm really a rule following, law abiding, "let's wait to see what the doctor says" kind of gal.

I did, however, schedule my foot rub at the Barefoot Sage Spa for Wednesday morning. I asked for the exact same person and treatment that my friend worked with and received last week. I am such a rebel!

No comments: