Friday, July 18, 2008

This new chapter in life that they call "parenthood"/I'm just a few steps away from becoming a soccer mom


Ok. One, I watch T.V. Quite a bit more than I should. I'm familiar with the daily run ads for Sunny Delight drinks and Neosporin MAINLY because they air right around the time I am feeding Jack. Two: I watch two channels...TLC and HGTV and I've got to think that I am part of their MAJOR demographic. So, with that being said...I have recently joined my friends in participating in Stroller Strides--a mom group that meets at local parks and works out with their kids (in strollers). It's been great, but each time I sit on the park bench after the workout to watch the kids play, I feel like I'm in that Sunny D or Neosporin ad. And then my mind starts to wonder...am I going to start wearing jeans that feature " pleats with mom butt roominess"? Am I going to left myself go and be o.k with wearing the latest perfume, Eau de Baby Barf mixed with Similac? And, then I snap out of it and say to myself, "Oh, hell to the no" (ala, Whitney Houston) and I pop up off of that bench and drive my gas guzzling SUV to the closest strip mall to purchase my $3.00 coffee...and then I head to COSTCO...hmmmm

1 comment:

molly said...

Way to keep it all in check! I think we all find ourselves in that scary mommy slippery slope, but fortunately we can snap out of it. Now, just don't go to the other extreme later, ala Stiffler's Mom from "American Pie." Love reading your blog and seeing all the pics of your darling boy! Lots of love from VA!